Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day One

I decided that I would hit the escape & delete key in my daily struggle with my weight, and start all over again today.

Today's weight: 225.5

Breakfast: Protein shake

Snack:  1 cup s.f. jello

Lunch: 2 cups salad, 4 oz baked chicken breast. 

Snack at 3 pm: 1 string cheese

Snack at 5 pm: Protein Shake

Supper: 2 cups salad, 4 oz baked chicken breast

My salads are simple, just romaine lettuce, green bell pepper, carrots, and 1/4 c. cottage cheese to make it moist, no croutons or dressing.

I have an appt. next Monday to see my general practioner for an endoscopy referral.  I am really interested in finding out the size of my pouch and stoma 7.5 yrs after my gastric bypass.

I was quite satisfied with what I ate today.  I would love to be able to say that I'm very strong when it comes to willpower, but I'm a wuss.  Today I was able to just say no to cake and candy, I pray to God that He give me strength to continue this way of eating.  Food is just nutrition, I should be a glutton everytime I eat.

2 comments:

  1. Im just about ready to start back on my diet. This week i'm just focusing on making time for a walk every day.  Next week, it'll be the food.  Sounds like you had a good first day.  Estela

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great, and that food sounds GREAT!! I LOVE baked chicken!! I'm at 230 now, so we're very close to the same weight!! We can do this together!

    Joann

    ReplyDelete