Wednesday, August 20, 2008

CELEBRATE!!

It's now 11:20 p.m., got home from work at 8 pm, picked up a 6-pack of Bud Lite to celebrate that I am about 98% done with what needs to be done by Monday, first day of classes for the school year.

I have decided to talk to my principal tomorrow and hit her up for at least 15 hrs of overtime pay.  I've been working 8am-8pm for almost 2 wks straight, and while the work in the office is not divided up evenly, I would rather do it and know that it's done RIGHT!  Would hate to have to be fixing mistakes on day one, when parents are crowding the office and things are just not right.

What is it with some people?...do they just not care, do they just know that it will be done by others?  There are new responsibilities at work and I absolutely REFUSE to take on any more!!  I have enough with the bookkeeping, school activity fund and about $80K in district funds.  That alone takes up my whole day, then I am also saddled with student records, because, as my asst. principal says,..."I don't want to trust anyone else with it."  Well, other people can learn, and they can learn to do it right!

If I do say so myself, I am the "sharpest pencil" in the office, among 4 of us there, what with almost 32 yrs experience.  But I am willing to train others, I won't be there forever! Maybe in 5 yrs or so my long-distance boyfriend of 5 yrs will be ready to retire and I can retire along with him :-)

...and if tomorrow my boss says I can't pay myself for some of my overtime I've been putting in, well, I'll just have to start getting rid of some responsibilities!  Nothing is set in stone as to who does what in the office, somehow since I'm the secretary and the other 3 are clerks, I just get saddled with the heavy loads!

NOT FAIR!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! :)  Hope the principal is agreeable and doesn't give you trouble! :)

    Have a great day!

    Janis
    http://journals.aol.com/janid731/fitbyforty

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, at our schools, the clerks are the ones that do EVERYTHING.... the Secretaries unload EVERYTHING to them.

    Joann

    ReplyDelete