I was tagged to do a post of 10 interesting things about myself tonight so let's see what interesting things I can think about myself. Damn, I tried adding a link but I haven't learned! http://losingwaist.blogspot.com did this and asks that I pass this on.
1. I am the middle of 5 siblings, brother, sister, ME, brother, brother. Everyone was born in TX and I was the only one born in Ohio. My parents celebrated 58 years of marriage June 2008.
2. My first temporary job lasted 3 days. I was an interpreter for a photographer at a local discount store. I couldn't find a permanent job when I graduated because I was only 17 and everyone wanted me to be 18!!
3. I am a VERY loyal employee -- I worked at my first permanent job for 4 yrs and at my present job for 32 years! OH MY!!
4. I was the baby of the family for 8 yrs until my younger brother was born. I was spoiled rotten!
5. I married a man who had been in love with my best friend when we were in high school. (He should have married her and made her miserable!) We were together 3 yrs and the marriage lasted 4 yrs.
6. I never let the ex forget that he left 2 innocent children behind, kept after him for child support. He was last in jail in 2006, when my children were already 24 & 26. To this date I am owed over $130,000!!
7. I lived in a mobile home for 22 yrs, then built a 3 bedroom brick home for $30K. Paid off the loan in 5 yrs! When I moved into my new home I donated my mobile home to a friend's church.
8. I may look like your local librarian, but I mingled with over 20,000 bikers at the Annual Bike Fest in South Padre Island in 2002. Broke my right wrist from a motorcycle fall. OUCH, but what fun I had!!
9. I broke my left ankle on 12/10 when I slipped on rain water while trying to retrieve my newspaper. Just now starting to feel better.
10. My "boyfriend" and I met through match.com in 2003, still together. We live 250 miles apart, see each other every 2 or 3 wks. The weekends when we don't see eacher other, I play Scrabble with my 79 year old mother on Saturday nights.
5 years ago